Sharing tips, ideas and suggestions on using the PC, Mac and more ... to make your life easier and not more complex. (click any label under a post to find similar articles/tips)
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Email Tool - Followup Then
Do you find your email sometimes becomes a To Do List or reminder system ... but the To Do's just sit there. Here is an email tool I have been using for a few months. It is an email reminder tool called FollowUpThen. For example: I receive an email from my bank notifying me that I have a CD maturing in 3 weeks. Before rolling the CD over 'at their rate', I want to check what is available at other banks and I must do this before the existing CD automatically renews. Using FollowUpThen, I simply forward that email to "2weeks@followupthen.com" (or other time specific keywords) and the service will send me a reminder email that I need to check other bank rates since my current CD is maturing. One thing that makes this truly a ToDo is to replace the existing email Subject Line with an actionable ToDo statement like ... "Check Bank Rates for CD Maturing on (date)". Note: you can also use this to remind you of a request you made of others that you require a response.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment